Join this fantastic safari to Masai Mara during migration with Usha Harish Wildlife Photography. Through this safari, she will show you creative techniques to set your pictures apart from the rest. All photographers are welcome.
The Safari experience holds many opportunities beyond wildlife.
- Learning the behavior of the animals to maximise photo opportunities.
- Discussions about birdlife and animal life in regard to conservation.
- Various post processing discussions on Adobe Lightroom after the safari and review of few images.
- Landscape, macro, portraiture and even specialized techniques such as star photography are possible.
- Elbow space : Each photographer gets space in the 4×4 safari vehicle, allowing photography from either side of the vehicle.
- Safari Vehicle customised for photographers – Open sided 4×4 vehicle and low angle doors.
- Off-road driving gets you closer to the wildlife, used prudently.
- Experienced photography tuned guide with the lead photographer to get to the sightings
- Visit to an authentic Masai village with photo opportunities.
- Customise the day for certain variety of animals e.g. Leopard / Cheetah / Wildebeest migration and crossing
- Photography guidance by Usha Harish, a professional photographer.
Contact for photo safari cost at [email protected] for residents and non residents package with the dates mentioned below.
If you have a group size of 4 people, dates can be customised.
Masai Mara Photo safari 2023 – 5 nights, 6 days
14th July – 19th July
9th Sep – 14th Sep
1st Oct – 5th Oct
4th Nov – 9th Nov
- 5 nights Full Board Accommodation at Mara Siligi Camp
- Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner), unless quoted differently
- All safaris in landcruiser safari vehicles with an experienced guide
- Only 4 participants per vehicle
- Photography mentorship and post processing techniques discussion
- Practical approach to wildlife photography
- Transportation – pick up and drop from Nairobi
- Park entrance fees
- Bean bags would be provided
- Tips & gratuities for staff and guide
- International flights and airport taxes
- Items of personal nature
- Travel/ Medical Insurance
DSLR camera and a lens preferably with a focal length of 300 mm and higher
Camera and lens available on request on rent.
Day 1: Nairobi-Mara
Pick up from your hotel/residence at 0800 hrs and drive via the scenic Great Rift Valley, you will arrive at the Mara Reserve in good time for lunch. Check-in and later depart for an Afternoon game. Dinner and overnight at Mara Siligi Camp
Day 2 – Day 5: Whole Day Tour in Maasai Mara
Have a pre-dawn tea or coffee and biscuits at the lounge before you set out on a drive at 05:45 to photograph in the best light of the day. After a break for picnic breakfast, we will continue until about midday, depending on animal activity. Then we will return to the camp for lunch, rest, editing, backing up your images, or attending a talk or workshop session. Then at 16:00, we will head out for our afternoon drive, similar to the previous day.
Full day game drive with packed breakfast and lunch. Look out for the BIG 5, sunrise, sunsets, the natural phenomenon of wildebeest migration, a possible spectacle of wildebeest crossings or watch one of the great predators on a hunt. Rest and relax overnight at Mara Siligi Camp.
The guide and the tour leader will advise according to the animal movements on that day.
Day 6: Departure
After breakfast depart for Nairobi, arriving mid to late afternoon, drop off at the airport for your homebound flight as scheduled.
Cameras and lenses available at the camp on rent if pre booked
Canon 5d Mark lll
Canon 5d Mark lV
Canon 100 – 400 mm L IS ii Canon 70- 200 mm L IS ii Canon 500 mm L IS ii prime lens Teleconverter 1.4x
1 battery will be provided
1 CF card will be provided
To know more about Mara Siligi Camp, kindly check the